Question - Who's lasted the test of time?
Answer - Longest is Dario Gradi (pictured left) of Crewe Alexandra (League 1). He has been with his club for nearly 25 years. This is a remarkable fact in this day and age of hiring and firing managers due to the pressure that owners and directors of clubs put on the management.
Most managers do not last very long at all. In fact, out of the 92 clubs there are only 22 managers who have lasted for more than 2 years. Hardly good for your career or heart for that matter!
A few Premier League Manager facts below:-
- Half of the Premier League Managers are English (10 of the 20 teams)
- Four current managers played a total of 1046 games for Man Utd as players! Perhaps it's a good base as a player at the Manchester club in being groomed as a manager?
- Alex Ferguson has been with the reds for over 24 years.
- Arsene Wenger has been a Gunner boss for over 11 years
- Whilst David Moyes has been the manager of Everton for over 5 years.
- No English manager has won the Premier League: the four managers to have won the title comprise two Scots: Ferguson with Man Utd & Dalglish with Blackburn. A Frenchman, Wenger (Arsenal) and the Portugusese Mourinho with Chelsea.